Frequently Asked Questions

Where can my child sign up for a V.O.E (Verification of Enrollment)?

Students are to go to Admin Silver to receive the VOE form. There is a 24-hour waiting period for students to receive the form.

Where can I pick up a transcript?

Students can order transcripts from the Registrar’s office or on the CFISD website. There is a 48 hour waiting period for students to pick up their transcript.

Where can I pick up my child’s attendance record?

Parents or legal guardians can pick up their child’s attendance records through the campus attendance office between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.

Who can pick up my child from school when I’m not available to pick him/her up during school hours?

Persons that are listed in your child’s emergency contact information are able to pick them up during the school hours, however, the parent needs to fax a picture ID and note stating that the contact person will be picking their child up. The attendance office will call the parent to verify information.

Where do I need to go to withdraw my child from your school?

The registration office is open from 8 a.m.-2:00 p.m.

What requirements do I need to bring to enroll my child in your school?

One proof of residence in our attendance zone:

  • Current electric, gas, or water bill;

  • Signed current lease with names of enrolling adults and student;

  • Closing statement in the last 30 days;

  • Contract to close on a home within 180 days

  • Notarized CFISD Verification of address form, for situations in which the parent/guardian does not own or rent directly.

Current Immunization records

Student’s birth certificate

Valid driver’s license or government issued ID

Academic records from previous school

  • Such as last report card, withdrawal form, unofficial transcript, TAKS, EOC or other standardized tests

Student’s Social Security card

Court documents relating to the student

What is the graduation date for this school year?

June 6, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.

When is Freshman Orientation?

Friday, August 22, 2014 starting at 6:00 p.m.

When is Open House?

When is homecoming and how much are the tickets?

The homecoming is on Friday, October 10 at 7 p.m. at Pridgeon Stadium at Cy-Woods. The dance will be Saturday, October 11, starting at 8:00 p.m. at Cypress Lakes High School. Ticket prices have not been determined yet.(Times are subject to change)

What is the prom date for this school year?

May 15, 2015 at the Berry Center from 7:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m.

What is the school’s fax number?


Who do I talk to about my child’s excessive absences?

Parents or legal guardians will need to contact their child’s assistant principal to make an appointment to discuss their child’s excessive absensces.

Where can my child pick up a parking pass and what is the cost?

Students can pick up their parking pass through the Finance office and payment must be rendered at the time of students picking up their pass. Students need to bring their own copy of their driver’s license; current car insurance policy and the appropriate parking pass form. Forms are available in Admin Red or Admin Silver and through a printable PDF version online.

Where can I leave money for my child?

Parents or guardians can bring money to be deposited into their child’s lunch account, or money can be dropped off in a sealed envelope for their child with their child’s name on it to the finance office.

How do I make an appointment with my child’s teacher?

Parents and guardians are encouraged to e-mail teachers directly through the Faculty/Staff web pages that includes all e-mail addresses for the campus. Parents can also obtain information from the Home Access Center to contact the teacher.

What are the school hours?

School is from 7:25 a.m. -2:30 p.m.

When can I visit a teacher?

Parents and guardians are encouraged to e-mail teachers directly through the Faculty/Staff web pages that includes all e-mail address for the campus to set up a time to meet with them. Parents can also call the front desk at 281-856-3800 to leave a message for the teacher.

Where can I get GED information?

Information is available through the Academic Achievement Specialist office, please call the school the school to be transferred.

Where can I get my teacher’s email address?

All faculty/staff e-mails are available under the Parent & Students tab, under academics. There is a link to Faculty/Staff web pages.

Where can I sign up for the Home Access Center?

Forms are available in Admin Red for parents/students to sign up for Home Access Center. The information will be mailed to the parent within two weeks. Sign-up is also available through main CFISD district web page.

Where can I go to change a class in my child’s schedule?

All schedule changes need to go through your child’s individual counselor. Counseling information is available under the Counselor tab on the Cy-Lakes web page.

Can I drop off food for my child?

Parents or guardians can drop off or have lunch on-campus with their child. Only emergency contacts can drop off food and are not able to have lunch with the child on-campus. All visitors to the school are required to have a state ID, military license or any government issued picture ID.

Where can I drop off items for my child?

Items can be dropped off at the front rotunda, however, the parent /guardian needs to contact the student to come pick up the items. The personnel at the front rotunda is not responsible for any lost/stolen items that are left for students.

Where can I pick up textbooks for my child?

Textbooks are distributed through Admin Silver after the school year begins. Students will be notified when textbooks are available for pickup.

Where do I pay fines or fees that my child’s owe?

Fines or fees must be paid through the Finance Office. Cash, check, or money orders are acceptable forms of payment. Credit cards are not accepted. Please have your student’s student ID number available when paying for any fines/fees.

Where can my child sign up to get a locker?

Any locker information can be obtained from Admin Red or Silver through the Assistant Principal’s secretaries.

Where can I update my contact information (home address, phone numbers, emergency contact, etc)?

All information can be updated through the Registrar’s office at each individual campus. 

Javascript Required

Sorry, this site does not work properly without JavaScript enabled. Please enable JavaScript or contact your local administrator.